Monday 23 May 2016

My Everyday Makeup Routine


Welcome back everyone,

Today I'm going to share my everyday makeup routine with you. The products that I use differ some days if I want to try out a new product, but generally these are the products I find myself reaching for.


Primer: I don't wear primer everyday but when I do I have two I alternate between. I use the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm when I'm going somewhere and need my makeup to last the whole day. I use the Catrice Prime and Fine anti-red base primer when I need to cover up any redness on my face. I apply both primers using my fingers.

                         


Foundation: The foundation that I can always rely on everyday is Revlon Colourstay. I love the medium to build-able coverage it gives yet it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which gives my skin a smooth, flawless finish.


Concealer: The concealer I'm loving at the moment is the Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer. I use it to highlight under my eyes, middle of my forehead, and a bit on my chin. I apply it with the applicator and use my beloved Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend it out. The concealer blends seamlessly and leaves the key areas nice and highlighted.


  
Powder: To set my foundation and concealer in place I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent. I use a kabuki style brush from Penneys to apply it. For the price its a very good powder and doesn't look cakey at all when applied on the skin, so is a winner overall!



Bronzer/Contour: I don't use a bronzer everyday as most mornings I don't have the time for it but when I do I tend to use the NYC Colour Wheel Mosaic Powder. It has a very good range of colours so is suited to most skin tones. When I just want a bronzed look I use the Real Techniques Powder brush. When I want to use this product to contour I use either one of the Penneys bronzer/contour brushes.




Eyebrows: To fill in my brows I use the Catrice Eyebrow set. It has two shades of brown but I just use the lighter colour. I use the Real Techniques eyebrow brush to apply the product through my brows. I used to use eyebrow pencils but ever since I found this gem I'll never go back. For the price its very good.



Eyeshadow: I like to keep my eyeshadow simple on a day to day basis. The palette I've been using for a while now is the Essence all about Nudes eyeshadow palette. As you can see the lighter colours are well loved! For everday I tend to just apply one of the lighter colours all over the lid up to the brow bone. Then I apply either the second colour on the top line or the shade beside that through my crease and sometimes under my lash line for some definition. I like to use Real Techniques eye brushes to apply the eye shadows. Below are some of the finished looks on my eyes that I go for.





Eyeliner: I don't wear eyeliner everyday but when I do I use the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner. I just apply a thin enough line close to my lash line. Sometimes I try and attempt a wing but it generally goes horribly wrong so most of the time I avoid it! I also like to use the Catrice Made to Stay inside eye pen on my lower lash line to brighten up my eyes.




Mascara: This one does change from time to time but at the moment I'm using the Catrice All Round Mascara. For the price its a grand mascara for everyday. I use an eyelash curlers from Penneys and then apply this mascara.



Highlighter: To be honest I haven't found a highlighter that I love just yet, at the moment I'm using an Essence eye shadow in the shade 08 apricotta. Its an ok highlighter it gives more of a subtle highlight. I've heard great things about the MUA highlighters so I'll definitely have to try them and let you know what I think!




Lips: I don't wear lipstick everyday most days I just put on some Carmex lipbalm. When I do apply lipstick I tend to use the Essence lipstick in 05 Cool Nude or the NYX butter gloss in 15 eclair.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


So there you have it my everyday makeup routine. It might be too much for some people but I consider it to be quite natural (for me anyway) and its generally the way I like to wear it everyday. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you use any of the products mentioned or try any of them out. My next post will probably be a food related one so keep an eye out for it!

Until next time,
Sophie x








No comments:

Post a Comment