Thursday 16 June 2016

Porridge Bread

Welcome back everyone,
So today I decided I would share the Porridge Bread recipe I tried and tested out over the weekend. I can't take credit for this recipe I found it on 'the 7AM club' on Facebook and it looked too good not to try out! You can eat it on its own or top with sliced banana or almond butter!. Its perfect to have in the morning for breakfast or in the evening with a cup of tea. I hope you all enjoy the recipe and if you try it out let me know!




Ingredients:
500ml tub of natural yogurt
500g of porridge oats
2 tsp bread soda
1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
Dried fruit eg. raisins, sultanas, berries etc. 


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line your loaf tin with baking paper.
Begin by mixing the yogurt and beaten egg together in a mixing bowl.
Mix the oats, bread soda, salt and dried fruit(if using) in a separate bowl.
Add the yogurt mixture to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
Place in a lined loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees for 50 minutes
Remove tin from the oven at 40 minutes.
Take the bread out of the tin for the last 10 minutes and wrap bread in a damp tea towel (helps soften the crust).
Let it cool completely, then serve and enjoy! 


Until next time,
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment